Property owners are more concerned than ever about maintaining healthy work environments. When used properly disinfectants limit the spread of germs and viruses in work environments. Disinfectants are powerful and should be used correctly. Using an experienced company like Executive Image Building Services with trained staff can ensure disinfectants are used safely.
Read the label first
Each disinfectant has instructions with specific important facts:
- Precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves or aprons or making sure you have good ventilation during application.
- How to apply the product to a surface.
- Instructions on how to prepare (e.g., dilute) if the product is a concentrate.
- How long you need to leave it wet on the surface to be effective (contact time).
- Whether the surface needs to be cleaned first and rinsed after using.
- If the product is safe for the surface.
- EPA registered disinfectants with a label claim for Staphylococcus aureus will also kill MRSA.
- Cleaning first removes dirt and unwanted soils from surfaces.
- For disinfectants to work effectively; unwanted soils must be removed first.
- Disinfectants kill pathogens that live on surfaces
Allow Adequate Dwell Time
- Label indicates how long the disinfectant must dwell on a surface.
- Allow recommended amount of time before wiping off.
- Time can vary from one disinfectant to another.
- Do not allow the disinfectant to completely dry on the surface.
Safety Precautions when using Disinfectants
- Always wear gloves when handling and cleaning with disinfectants.
- Mix and dilute disinfectants per recommendations on label.
- Keep Safety Data Sheets, SDS, with the disinfectant during delivery and when stored.
To learn more, please visit our website: www.executiveimageco.com